Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Advice for my son

I wrote a little song without music (aka poem) the other day for my boy:

Advice for my Son

Ready or not, here you come.
This life can be tough. But, you can’t succumb.

Dream big dreams . . . the giant adventure life brings.
Remember to take time and appreciate the little things.

Relationships and memories truly matter, not stuff.
There will be false friends out there. Call their bluff.

Save for the future, but remain in the now.
Search for things that move you and make you say “wow”.

Invest and believe in yourself first.
Hard work and discipline can quench any thirst.

When life’s in your face, you must not balk.
The cynics, the critics, the naysayers will talk.

Make your own luck. It’s not found in a clover.
Meet unusual people and travel the world over.

“I don’t know” is a most powerful phrase.
Time spent in nature is the most likely to amaze.

Always trust what your conscience is telling you.
It will be your guide once you’ve thought things through.

Give full effort and make time to relax.
Believe in karma and do random kind acts.

I know you will be a gentleman that is strong.
The world will treat you right, if you don’t play it wrong.

If this advice is failing you or you’re feeling under attack.
Remember one more piece: “My dad will always have my back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment