Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Sunday, June 20, 2010
- Thanks to my son for the card, the Beaver Creek coffee cup, & for providing me with my first Father's Day!
- It's been an incredible day. Bennett & Brux woke me up this morning. Karah made me a nice German-style breakfast sandwich (damn, I miss Europe). I sold ducks this morning at the Vail Farmer's Market as a fundraiser for the Vail Rotary. Karah, Aunt Lys, Bennett, and I strolled around the Farmer's Market in the afternoon and had an awesome lunch at Pepi's. I enjoyed a nice German hefeweizen (DAMN, I miss Europe) with my sandwich. The weather was incredible. Now, I'm blogging with Bennett lying right beside me. What more can a man ask for? (2 weeks in Europe!)
- I bought Bennett 12 ducks for the Duck Race (perhaps he'll win the $3000 grand prize and initiate his college fund?). You should buy some too (although, it does decrease the odds of Bennett winning): http://www.duckracevail.com/
- Bennett went 3 for 3 yesterday. He pooped on one person, peed on someone, and spit up on another (I'm withholding the names of the victims to protect their pride).
- I offer you the Father - Son talk from Rocky Balboa (I credit this man (not Regan or Pope John Paul) for bringing down the Berlin Wall. Where would we be without his valiant efforts to crush Ivan Drago and end the arms race?). The (Sly) wisdom of Rocky:
Speaking of wisdom . . . I highly recommend "The Parent's Tao Te Ching" by William Martin to anyone raising kids!