Friday, December 17, 2010

Thumb war

    Christmas Dog
    by Shel Silverstein
Tonight's my first night as a watchdog,
And here it is Christmas Eve.
The children are sleeping all cozy upstairs,
While I'm guardin' the stockin's and tree.
What's that now---footsteps on the rooftop?
Could it be a cat or a mouse?
Who's this down the chimney?
A thief with a beard--- And a big sack for robbin' the house?
I'm barkin', I'm growlin', I'm bitin' his butt.
He howls and jumps back in his sleigh.
I scare his strange horses, they leap in the air.
I've frightened the whole bunch away.
Now the house is all peaceful and quiet again.
The stockin's are safe as can be.
Won't the kiddies be glad when they wake up tomorrow
And see how I've guarded the tree.
  • Bennett is now in his 7th month.  Since we last spoke, he's started sitting up on his own and motors around the hardwood floors in his walker (he thinks it's an Indy car - speeding, shifting, and maneuvering around hairpin corners). 
  • I had so much fun buying Bennett's first Christmas present from Dad (not sure I can or will stop with one).  I trust it is something that he'll have forever (it's a secret, I'll tell you later).  
  • We need to line up a picture with Santa Claus.  He's starting to develop a touch of stranger anxiety (so the photo might involve a projecting lower lip), we'll see how he accepts Nicholas and his curly beard.
  • Bennett usually reserves his thumb for sleepy time, but last week he used it for an appetizer:
 



1 comment:

  1. What a cutie and such a big boy! I can't wait for the Wright kids (and parents) to meet Bennett.

    ReplyDelete