Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life changes

  • Last night I was resorting to music (again) to get Bennett to sleep.  Colin Hay (of Men at Work fame) was playing on my itunes (again).  "Waiting For My Real Life to Begin" came on:


  • I suddenly realized that I've spent most my life "waiting for my real life to begin."  Every chapter of my life (high school, college, dental school, Army, North Carolina), I've had a sense that I wouldn't really be "here" for long.  I enjoyed the journey and learned powerful lessons from each stop along the way.  Now that I'm a Dad -- working in my own business and living in a dream location . . . I have a sense that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing (for a very long time). 

  • As an example of how much our life has changed in the last few years:
From 2003-2007 we lived in Europe.  We attended a few Tours de France.  Therefore, TT stood for
Time Trial

From 2007-2009, we lived in North Carolina.  Karah drove a little roadster.  So, TT was an
Audi TT


Now, we are living in Colorado. Being new parents, TT stands for
Tummy Time!



  • Here's a snapshot of what my "real life" looks like:



1 comment: