Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daddy's Curse!

From the book, "Mack Daddy: Mastering Fatherhood without Losing Your Style, Your Cool, or Your Mind" . . . I received some valuable advice:
If you enjoy swearing, do it now -- in a few months, your domestic vocabulary will have to echo Mr. Rogers.
The guys at Dad Labs have some more detailed guidance:



While, I wouldn't consider myself foul-mouthed in general. I am a fairly seasoned cusser. Growing up on a farm around lots of older cousins will give you a profound "pre-school" education (yes, my time on the farm and in the Army taught me a few things other than work ethic).

Thanks to my 30+ years of swearing experience, an occasional f-bomb will fly around the house. As #$%&@ as it may sound, I think K. and I both realize this needs to change in 2010.

 "Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."
- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment