Sunday, March 14, 2010

Russ

This morning, I'm watching "Meet the Press" hosted by Tom Brokaw.  I always enjoy the show and am a big Brokaw fan (I love the homage he pays the WWII vets).  But inevitably, I find myself missing Tim Russert's presence on the show. 

Tim Russert's left a legacy as a proud father and a proud son of Big Russ.  I recall a Father's Day special when he sat in the guest seat on Meet the Press.  He was being interviewed about his book "Wisdom of our Fathers"  (a book which I've given my own Father).  It was an incredibly enlightening hour . . . a reminder of what is really important.

Ironically, Russ died the week of Father's Day in 2008.  I'll never forget the tribute from Brokaw and the Boss:


  •  Here's what the kid's been up to:  he may have a callous on his thumb from sucking it (like his Dad did from womb - kindergarten).  He's assuming a fetal position because there isn't room to straighten out anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment