Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Religulous

  •  Turns out Bennett is a pretty gassy baby.  I'm hoping his first words are "excuse me". 
  • Bennett has been to 3 Lutheran church services and never made a peep.  Sunday he went to his first Orthodox service and he couldn't be settled.  I'm not sure how to decipher that message.  Was he feeling the Spirit at the Orthodox service (or asphyxiating from the incense)?  Is he bored by Lutheranism (or is he lying down in green pastures and being lead to the still waters per the 23 Psalm)?
  • Speaking of church . . . I've never understood the classic bedtime prayer: "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep; if I die before I wake, I pray for God my soul to take."  IF I DIE?  Seriously?!   No wonder parents have trouble getting their kids to go to bed.
  • Bennett in the same bassinet I slept in 35 years ago
  • Bennett took his first trip to Nebraska last weekend.  Bennett likes the farm (and Brux was in heaven).  They both traveled well.   The only exception was that Bennett was screaming as we started climbing the mountain.  It's unbearable to see a baby suffer as the pressure changes put a hurting on their ear drums (I won't take him scuba diving this year).
  • Bennett always struggles the day after being around extended family (I think he forgets what his crib feels like).  He may OD on love and attention one day.  He got to meet lots of "Greats" in Nebraska. . . Great Grandma Rosie and lots of Great Aunts and Uncles.
  • He's starting to really smile and laugh . . . there's nothing better!  (Of course, smiles are my business).
  • If you know me well, you know I'm no fan of cats.  Sadly (sarcasm), this cat was bullied by my dog (and his canine cousin Winston).  The dogs took over his house (the garage) and made him sleep in a tree.  I've never seen Brux run so fast as when he was in hot pursuit of this cat.  Likewise, I've never seen a cat make it to the top branches of a tree faster than when they're being chased by a crazed boxer.  Talk about terrorism. 
  • Now, for the PG-13 portion of this blog . . .I saw this truck in Ogalala (Nebraska's cowboy capital) . . . highly sophisticated:

No comments:

Post a Comment