Saturday, October 27, 2012

An open letter to my son - Part 13

Your Great-grandfather, Robert, served as a medic in World War II.  I can’t fathom the horrors he must have seen.  Your Gido was also in the Army, as was I.  

They say it’s better to give than to receive.  I believe that you must give to receive.  Service is the only way you can create value for others and for the world.  

I hope you too dedicate your life to serving.  Military service is just one of the many ways to serve.  You may choose to serve your country.  That’s up to you . . . that’s freedom! Regardless of your choice, I hope you respect and honor those who have chosen to have wear a military uniform.  

Just one half of one percent of Americans have served this country in the past decade.  Some of those people gave their life to support the missions of this country.  Find ways to respect and honor those who have served in the Armed Forces.  Their dedication and sacrifices often go unnoticed . . . it shouldn't!  

No comments:

Post a Comment