Friday, October 19, 2012

An open letter to my son - Part 7

You’ll hear people exclaim, “She’s so lucky”  You’ll also hear people whine, “If I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all.”

Your Gido likes to say, “You’re lucky, David.”  My typical reply is “No, I’m fortunate.”  

You see, I don’t really believe in luck in the classic sense.  Despite the popularity of the notion, life really isn’t a game of chance.  If there is such thing as luck, it’s a byproduct of recognizing opportunities and seizing them.

Think of “LUCK” as an acronym for Laboring Under Correct Knowledge.  
If you do your research . . .
if you develop your talents . . .
if you have an admirable work ethic . . .
if you look at all the facts and then follow your intuition . . .
if you are decisive and persistent . . .
You will have created all the luck you’ll need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment