Saturday, October 20, 2012

An open letter to my son - Part 8

Women tend to call it “intuition”.  Men usually call it “trusting their gut”.

Conscience.  Instinct.  Call it whatever you want.  I just want you to follow that feeling.  

We all have it.  It’s just not very well utilized.  We typically let our logic overrule it.  

Use your head, but don’t neglect your heart and gut.  When you hear that quiet voice . . . when that moment of inspiration strikes, take note.  Take action!  

I was once caught off guard by a wise Priest.  I was totally expecting him to start preaching to me about some religious doctrine.  He must have perceived my resistance and decided to blindside me.  He said, “David, that voice inside you is God speaking through you.  Listen to it!”  That was 1997.  I have followed his advice ever since . . . and it’s never served me wrong.



I'm going to rely on a little more Steve Jobs wisdom.
That iphone and ipad that are so intuitive for a 2 year old (i.e. you) to maneuver . . .
ya, he created them.   He's kind of a big deal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment