Monday, May 10, 2010

Bennett, this is Brux

  • I picked up our boxer, Brux, from boarding yesterday.  I've been concerned for months about how he would react to the baby's arrival.  If you haven't met Brux . . . to say he's social is the understatement of the year.  In fact, he loses his mind when he meets someone new (think Taz, the Tasmanian Devil from the Bugs Bunny cartoons).  Brux has followed Karah's every move (including patiently sitting next to the toilet when she's going to the bathroom) during the pregnancy.  So, he had sensed the changes.  He was amazingly sedate during the introduction.  He's calm, but curious.  He's somewhat jealous, but I think he'll be Bennett's protector.  He definitely wants to be the first on the scene when he hears a cry. 
The smells

What's that?

A closer look



  • Karah found a little Mother's Day note from Bennett in his crib yesterday: 

I Like Helicopters

I really like helicopters. Mommy, thanks for the ride.
And thank you again, for taking care of me when I was inside.
Wednesday was my birthday. You welcomed me to this life.
I’m sure glad you didn’t have to go under the knife.
Mommy, I’m sorry if I scared you and made a display.
I just really wanted to be here on this Mother’s Day.
I love you bunches,
Bennett


  • Bennett had a new baby check with the pediatrician today.  He is doing great!  He'll probably be on oxygen for about a week because of the altitude (that's almost customary around here).

  • I made the mistake of allowing Brux to approach Bennett when he had pajamas with lion feet on (see photo).  I quickly found out that those feet looked a little too much like a dog's chew toy.  Brux was much too interested in those lions. 
. . .The lion sleeps tonight

3 comments: