Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dormez-vous?

  • Most popular question these days:  "Are you sleeping?"  (it's like listening to a perpetual "Frere Jacques" round).  The previous most popular question was, "Do you have a name picked out?"  I'm assuming, "When are you having another?" is in our near future. 
  • Karah's on a war against nicknames.  It's not Ben (we've already got a couple of those in the family) and it's not Bennie (unless we're listening to Elton John . . . "B-B-B-Bennie and the Jets").  Regardless, Bennett's Uncle Matt is calling him B.D.  --  not for Bennett Davidson, but for "Big Deal".  (Not to be mistaken with B.F.D. which stands for Biden's Health Care Plan) 
  • I was just reading about high-need babies (demanding) in my "Father's First Steps" book by Dr. Sears and Dr. Sears.  I can tell you that Bennett does not qualify.  He cries when he needs a change of surroundings (i.e. diaper) and when he's hungry (or when his little baby beanie gets pulled over his eyes and when the nasal cannula for his oxygen finds its way into his mouth when he's trying to sleep).  Other than that, he's either sleeping or looking at the world in wonder.  He's just a great baby.  The book says that his temperament won't change much (can I get a guarantee, Drs. Sears?).
    K. suggests that this is God's way of thanking us for raising a whiny, high-energy, overly athletic, need-freak boxer named Brux (the insult comic dog). 
  • Bennett is 2 weeks old today!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Karah on the nickname thing. I always told people that if I wanted to call my kids by something else I would have named then that. Nicknames are a no go with me.

    ReplyDelete