Thursday, May 6, 2010

Toasty

  • Sounds like Bennett may be out of intensive care soon.  Although, he looks big, strong, and alert . . .the doctors say that they have to remind themselves that he is premature.  So it's just a matter of making sure his oxygen levels, blood sugar, temperatures, etc. stay where they should be.  He's doing amazing.
  • Karah's strength through all of this leaves me in awe.  She was taken off the IVs and took a bath late last night.  I was able to wheel her into NICU about midnight.  She hasn't got to spend much time with Baby B.  She was so happy to have him in her arms at the moment he turned 1 day old. 
  • My mom and dad were able to go in and feed him last night . . . that was a special 1st grandparent moment.
  • I've had a bottle of Dom Perignon that I've been saving for a couple years for a special celebration.  I popped the cork last night.  Karah, I and Bennett's 4 grandparents raised a glass (plastic hospital cup) in a toast to Bennett. 
  • Karah and I appreciate all the well wishes and prayers.  The support has been overwhelming (No doubt we have the best friends and family on the planet)
  • I have tons of pictures (he may have sunburn from all the camera flashes).  Unfortunately, in the haste of Tuesday evening . . . I forgot to grab the USB cord to upload them. 
  • Karah just got out of her gown and put "real" clothes on.  Time to spend some q.t. with our cutie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment