Sunday, May 9, 2010

My homeboy

  • Bennett was discharged yesterday.  We were originally thinking he'd need to be up there 7-10 days.  What a thrill to install his car seat in the morning and put him in it in the afternoon. 
  • I sense that our happy story isn't very common in those ICU units.  It's so sad to see the babies Bennett has roomed with that have to struggle in their first days, weeks, months of life (one born 1 lb. 15 oz. over a month ago, one with back surgery, one that won't eat). 
  • We stayed at the Ronald McDonald House near the hospital on Friday night.  Incredible charity and fantastic facility.  It's nice that parents needing extended stays have a home away from home. 
  • Ron, Karah, & Bennett
  • The sweetest thing in the world is watching Karah sing "You Are My Sunshine" to the baby . . ."You'll never know, Bennett, how much I love you. Please don't take my Bennett away." 
  • Dad, on the other hand, can't get Ed Helms' song from the Hangover (linky) out of my head (Karah and I watched it when she wasn't feeling well last weekend).  "What does Bennett dream of when he takes a little baby snooze? . . ."
  • Quote of the day:  I asked Karah what she wanted to do for Mother's Day.  She replied with a smile, "Let's just stare at him."
  • I got Bennett a piggy bank (blue argyle) for his first gift.  Now, I have to sneak out today and get Karah a Mother's Day / Push Present (don't tell).  
  • I would tackle anyone who woke me up four times in one night . . . yet, I smiled everytime I heard Bennett cry last night.
  • Emergency helicopter ride to Denver. . . $??,000.   Car ride home to Avon . . . $28.  Being at home (on Mother's Day) (4 days later) (with my family) and blogging cribside . . . priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment