Friday, May 7, 2010

Movin' on up!

  • Bennett was taken off his oxygen yesterday and then he was moved up to the graduate (summa cum laude) NICU last night.  We are so happy that he is healthy enough to move up to the 7th floor.  Rumor is that he may move down to the first floor nursery today or tomorrow.  The great news just keeps on coming.  At this rate, Bennett will be in his car seat in no time. 
  • Karah will be discharged in a few hours.  To go from life-threatening illness to walking out the door in less than 3 days is incredible to me.  I once saw her limp to the finish of a marathon and thought that was her strongest moment.  Now, I think her strength and courage has no bounds. 
  • We've received red carpet treatment here at Presby St. Lukes . . . EVERYONE (doctors, nurses, housekeeping, etc.) has truly taken care of us.  They just made reservations for us at the Ronald McDonald house nearby.  I've believed in the Ronald McDonald House Charity cause and been a donor for years.  I never thought I'd be a recipient of their kindness. 
  • A special thanks to Kelli, Karah's friend from St. Francis!  She ran a USB cord up to the hospital so we could upload pictures after she read on this blog that I had left ours at home.
  • The kid can eat.  I just fed him and he slurped that whole bottle right down. 

1 comment: