Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Double Down

  • I'm so glad that Karah is feeling better today.  She spent the better part of the last few days in bed or in the tub (I call it the Bed, Bath, and Beyond exercise circuit) trying to feel better.  Fevers, aches, and sleepless nights.  Her boss was nice enough to give her a couple days off.  What a guy!
  • This is a completely random thought and has very little (if anything) to do with fatherhood (although feeding it to a child should be considered abuse) . . . but the KFC Double Down (sandwich?) is the most disgusting piece of sustenance I have ever seen (it should come with a side of cardiac surgeon).
  • We are entering week 37 . . . the baby is about 6.5 lbs and almost 13.5 inches.  He's technically "full term" now (hopefully he'll marinate in there for a few more weeks). 
  • "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."  ~Mark Twain
  • I've been reading "Father's First Steps: 25 Things Every New Dad Should Know".  A very insightful book written by two brothers who are also pediatricians and dads.  Highly recommended for first time fathers.
  • Off to the doctor (again) in a few minutes.  We've been going every two weeks, but I think it will be weekly until he arrives (I need to raise my fees or get a night job). 

No comments:

Post a Comment